Wed, 02 Feb|
2nd Transnational Access Visits Pitch
2nd Transnational Access Visits Pitch – presenting Centerdata, INED, and University of Essex
Time & Location
02 Feb 2022, 14:00 – 15:00
About the Event
Transnational Access Visits Pitches
The COORDINATE Transnational Access Visits (TAV) programme offers researchers in Europe, working in the area of child and youth wellbeing, the opportunity to visit and gain access to international birth cohort, panel and cross-sectional survey data residing in participating countries.
Applicants can apply for bursaries of €1,250 per week to cover travel, accommodation, and subsistence during their visit. The programme is open to academic researchers from PhD students to full professors, as well as policy practitioners and other researchers or analysts working in EU countries and associated states.
The programme funds collaborative research visits of five working days (one week) to fifteen working days (three weeks) in duration. The consortium partners participating in the Transnational Access Visits, along with their available datasets are:
- University College Dublin, Ireland: Growing up in Ireland (GUI) & Children’s School Lives (CSL)
- Manchester Metropolitan University, UK: Children’s Worlds (ISCWEB), National Child Development Survey (NCDS), British Cohort Survey (BCS70), Millennium Cohort Survey (MCS), Next Steps (LSYPE), IPPR Tax-benefit Module
- Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute, The Hague: Generations and Gender programme (GGP)
- University of Essex, UK: British Household Panel Survey (BHPS), Understanding Society (UKHLS), Cross National Equivalent Files (CNEF), German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) and UK Data Service (UKDS)
- CenterData, Tilburg, The Netherlands: Longitudinal Internet Studies for the Social Sciences (LISS)
- European Centre, Vienna, Austria: Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE)
- Institut National d'Études Démographiques, Paris, France: ELFE (Etude Longitudinale Française depuis l'Enfance), Pandora
- IPSOS, Berlin, Germany: EU Kids Online (EUKO).
The first call for applications to COORDINATE Transnational Access Visits will open on 25th January 2022. More information is available here.
Over a series of three webinars, COORDINATE project partners will describe their home institutions, resources, and datasets to potential applicants of the transnational access visit programme. These webinars will outline the benefits of applying for the transnational access visit and offer an opportunity to ask any questions about how the visits will work.
All who are interested in Transnational Access Visits are invited to join the webinars.
Welcome and introduction to Transnational Access Visits
Host Institution Pitches